Saturday 24 September 2011

DL/ZS6A Not to be....


Time surely flies.

I have been in Leipzig for a week already and all my good intentions of operating QRP and portable as DL/ZS6A has been in vain.

During the packing I realized that weight and space was going to be a problem and I had no option, but to leave my HB-1a and associated bits and pieces at home. It sure is a pity since I have quite a bit of spare time. 

Leipzig has some nice parks with large trees near to my hotel.  It would have been fun to see what I could work from this portable setup.

Today (Saturday) the weather is perfect, cloudless sky with hardly a breeze. It would have been a ideal day for my planned QRP exploits.

Oh well, I guess I will have to get my CW fix by listening to the online SDR receivers.


73



1 comment:

  1. Hi Pierre,

    Hope you're having a great time there! Maybe time away from AR is good too :O)

    Note you've placed an ad for the QRP Contest on the 22nd. Please post on http://www.nwinternet.za.org/zs6bne/phpBB3/ too , the SARL Forum is mostly down and no one goes there much anymore unfortunately.

    73 Eddie ZS6BNE

    ReplyDelete